There is tremendous hype surrounding AI, from what is already available to future concepts which may be difficult for our minds to grasp. Once thing is sure though, Artificial Intelligence will be making an impact on our lives in more ways than we know.
But the videos below show AI’s psychedelic side which would have tripped Jimi Hendrix out. There are some amazing example with various artists and results with even Jimi Hendrix himself getting the neural network treatment, along with Frank Zappa.
So what do the trippy videos below have to do with AI?
In short, user Lulu painted these with a neural network software, taking an image as an example and automatically amending the videos based on the image template…color, shapes, structure, etc. As was further explained, he explores the transformation of videos using optical flow, deepstyle transfer, colorization, depth treatment and more.
If you haven’t yet done so, it’s definitely time to press play.
1. Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix
2. Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix v.2 side by side with the image utilized
3. Ray Charles – What’d I Say – Stylization
4. Muffin Man – Frank Zappa
5. Muffin Man – Frank Zappa (side by side with styles)
6. Norma – Orchestra della RAI Roma – Maria Callas
7. The Nicholas Brothers – deep style
8. The Nicholas Brothers – canny edge detector
9. Lords of the Underground – Neural Graffiti
10. Lords of the Underground – Neural Graffiti (side by side with styles)
11. Nelly vs BeeGees – hot canny
12. The Hands – Marcel Marceau – deep style
13. Avec le temps – Léo Ferré
14. That Poppy – neural
15. Melo(deep) – Serge Gainsbourg – deepstyle