Easy to do business with
Fair, honest, and transparent - this is how Knowmail conducts business
We at KNOWMAIL S.A.L. LTD (“Knowmail“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers and, as a result, we have established this Privacy Notice. If not otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms have the meaning given to them in the End User License Agreement, which is available at https://www.knowmail.me/terms/#eula (the “EULA“). This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you visit our Site and/or use our Software. This Privacy Notice also explains how we may process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information.
Knowmail S.A.L. LTD is the data controller in respect of the processing activities outlined in this Privacy Notice. Our registered office is 7 HaTnufa, Petah Tikva, Israel 4951025 and our registration number 515028868.
If you log in through Microsoft “Cortana”, Microsoft may also be a controller in respect of processing your Personal Information.
Privacy Notice Key Points
The key points listed below are presented in further detail throughout this Privacy Notice. These key points do not substitute the full Privacy Notice.
- Personal Information We Collect. When you visit our Site and/or install and/or use our Software, we collect Personal Information (as defined below) provided by you, such as your name and email address. We also (automatically) collect information about your use of the Software. If you contact us for questions or complaints, we will collect the information related to your inquiry.
- Basis for Processing Your Personal Information. Processing your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of the EULA and the provision of the Software to you. Processing for the purposes of developing and enhancing our products and services, for analytics and usage analysis, for fraud prevention and security and for our recordkeeping and protection of our legal rights – are all necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests that we pursue
- Using the Information We Collect. We use the information (including Personal Information) we collect mainly to administer and provide the Software, contact you with administrative information, and improve the Software.
- Sharing the Personal Information We Collect. We may share the Personal Information we collect with our service providers and subcontractors who assist us in the internal operation of the Software and process the Personal Information on our behalf and under our instructions.
- International Transfer. We may use service providers and/or subcontractors located in countries other than your own, and send them your Personal Information. We will ensure to have agreements in place with such subcontractors and service providers ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice. You hereby consent to such international transfer.
- Your Rights. Subject to applicable law and additional rights as set forth below, you may have a right to access, update or delete your Personal Information and obtain a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- We retain information for as long as necessary for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage and unauthorized access or use of Personal Information, but they do not provide absolute information security.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time and shall notify you of such changes.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you choose to visit our Site and/or install or use our Software. In order to use our Software, you will be required to provide us with certain Personal Information (as defined below). We also collect Personal Information when you request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, complete online forms, or contact us for any other reason. In addition, we may receive Personal Information about you as provided by the email provider or other third-party with respect to which you use the Software. Please check such third party’s policies in order to understand what information we receive.
It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any Personal Information, but if you refuse to provide such information we may not be able to provide you with the Site and/or Software.
“Personal Information” means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. Examples of the Personal Information that we collect from you may include your name, email address, information contained in your mailbox and email messages, information contained in the profile, calendar and contacts associated with your email account, which shall be encrypted, as well as other information with respect to your use of and activity on the email account in respect of which you are using the Software. Such Personal Information may be collected by us through the Software.
In addition, when you use the Site and/or Software, certain information may be automatically gathered about your email platform and computer or mobile device, such as browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connecting to our Site and/or Software, such as the operating system operating system, IP address and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Using the Information We Collect
We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers may use the Personal Information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the Site and/or Software; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests, contact and communicate with you and provide customer support; (3) to develop new products or services and to review and analyze the usage and operations of our Site and/or Software, including by creating and using statistical information in an aggregated and non-specific format or on a per user and/or per organization basis; (4) to contact you with informational newsletters and promotional materials relating to our Site and/or Software; and (5) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our Site and/or Software, and address any problems with the Site and/or Software.
By analyzing all information we receive, including all information concerning users, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users (“Statistical Information“). Statistical Information helps understand trends and customer-needs so that new products and services can be considered and so existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. Statistical Information can be individualized per user or per organization or be anonymous and aggregated. We may share the anonymous and aggregate Statistical Information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
We, or our service providers or subcontractors, may use analytics tools (“Tools“), to collect information about the use of the Site. Such Tools collect information such as how often users use the Site and what other sites and mobile applications they used prior to using the Site. The Tools may collect certain Personal Information, and may link such Personal Information to specific information stored in our customer database. We use the information we get from the Tools to improve our Site.
We may use your Personal Information as required or permitted by any applicable law.
Sharing the Personal Information We Collect
We may share your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
Business Partners, Service Providers, Affiliates, and Subcontractors
We may disclose information, including Personal Information we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers, business partners, affiliates, subcontractors, who may use such information to: (1) help us provide you with the Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our Site and/or Software; (3) when you use the Software as part of an organization, we may disclose Statistical Information and/or analytics about your use or the organization’s users use of the Software to such organization.
We may use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and send them information we receive (including Personal Information). We will ensure that these subcontractors and service providers will be subject to written agreements ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice. You hereby consent to such international transfer.
We may transfer our databases containing your Personal Information if we sell our business or part of it.
Law Enforcement Related Disclosure
We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity, behavior or digital content, including in the event of any user suspected to have engaged in illegal or infringing behavior. We may also share your Personal Information with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the EULA and this Privacy Notice); (ii) to protect the rights, property or safety of third parties; (iii) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues; or (iv) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation. You can request such Personal Information as specified herein by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Uses or Transfer of Your Information
We allow you to use our Software in connection with third-party services, sites, and/or mobile applications. If you use our Site and/or Software with or through such third-parties, we may receive information (including Personal Information) about you from those third parties. Please note that when you use third-parties services with our Site and/or Software, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You have certain rights in relation to the Personal Information that we hold about you, as detailed below. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information and/or comply with any of your requests, as detailed below:
- Right of Access and Data Portability. You have a right to know what Personal Information we collect about you and, in some cases, to have the information communicated to you. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you may be entitled to obtain from us a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us (excluding information that we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to (request that we) transmit such Personal Information to another party. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know what information in particular you would like to receive and/or transmit. Subject to applicable law, we may charge you with a fee. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with all the information you request, for instance, if the information includes Personal Information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will endeavor to explain to you why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible.
- Right to Correct Personal Information. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you may request that we update, correct or delete inaccurate or outdated Personal Information and/or that we suspend the use of Personal Information, the accuracy of which you may contest, while we verify the status of that Personal Information. We will correct your Personal Information within a reasonable time from the receipt of your written request thereof.
- Deletion of Personal Information. In certain circumstances you have a right to have Personal Information that we hold about you deleted. Should you wish to have any Personal Information about you deleted, please contact us, using the contact information specified in this Privacy Notice. Subject to applicable law, we will delete Personal Information provided to us by a user within a reasonable time from the receipt of a written (including via email) request by such user to delete such collected information. We cannot restore information once it has been deleted. Please note that to ensure that we do not collect any further Personal Information, you should also disconnect and disable our Software from your applicable email and/or Microsoft “Cortana” account and terminate your account with us and clear our cookies from any device where you have used our Software. We may retain certain Personal Information (including following your request to delete) for audit and record-keeping purposes, as well as other purposes, all as permissible and/or required under applicable law. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form.
- Account Deactivation. You can ask us to deactivate your account by contacting us using the information below. In order to deactivate your account, we may ask you for additional information.
- Right to Object. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information for certain purposes.
- Supervisory Authority. If you are a European Citizen, you may have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority.
We retain information as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
Third parties through which we may provide the Software and Site may be placing and reading cookies on your browsers or using web beacons to collect information.
How to Adjust Your Preferences
Most web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change this setting so your browser either refuses all cookies or informs you when a cookie is being sent. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that some features of the Site may function improperly when cookies are disabled or removed.
Third-Party Applications and Services
All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party’s terms and privacy policies.
Subject to your consent and applicable law, we may send you e-mail or other messages and/or a newsletter about us or our Site and/or Software. You may remove your Personal Information from our mailing list and stop receiving future communication from us by following the UNSUBSCRIBE link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such e-mail or message we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications you may cancel your account. Children
We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of sixteen (16). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of sixteen (16) has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
When using the Software, you shall be asked to accept the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms hereof, please do not use the Software. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time – we encourage you to review it periodically. By continuing to access or use the Software after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice We will post the updated Privacy Notice on this page. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. Any new Privacy Notice will be effective from the date it is accepted by you.
Comments and Questions
Last updated: March 2018