- What Information is Collected from You
Knowmail may collect two types of information about You in connection with the Services:
“Personal Information” – means information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. The Personal Information types collected in accordance with the Services may vary depending on the activity and may, for example, include your name, your “Microsoft Cortana” user identification details, and your e-mail address. Knowmail may collect Personal Information when You use the Services including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with Knowmail, or otherwise volunteering information about You.
“Non-Personal Information” – means information that, when taken alone, cannot be used to identify or contact you. Knowmail may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically or otherwise through Your use of the Services.
- How We Collect Your Information
Knowmail may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from You through the following methods:
- Registration. Knowmail may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to enable certain features or functionality of the Services or otherwise provide the Services to You. Please note that failure to provide all information required by Knowmail under the account settings may prevent access to any or all of the Services, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to or use of any or all of the Services.
- Information Collected Through Technology. In order to provide You the Services, You may be required to enter a user ID and password in order to access Your account in Cortana and agree that Cortana may provide us with access (via a “token” or other similar methods) to your account, but it is clarified that We do not receive your actual password and credentials. Knowmail may automatically collect details of the date and time that You log in and log out of Your accounts.
- Information Provided By You. During the course of the business relationship between Knowmail and You, You may provide Knowmail with certain Personal Information (including without limitation contact information) and Non-Personal Information to enable You to utilize the Services and to allow Knowmail to provide You with the Services.
- How We Use Your Information
Knowmail may use Information collected from You as follows:
- System Administration and Providing Services. Knowmail may use Personal and Non-Personal Information in furtherance of providing You with the Services and administering, supporting, troubleshooting technical problems, protecting, and improving the Services, ensuring proper functioning of our products and services and for purposes of communicating with You.
- Notices to You. Knowmail may use Personal Information to send e-mails to You related to the Services (including Your accounts thereunder) whether directly or through Cortana, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information You have provided and to provide any instructions or assistance related to the Services and/or Your use thereof. Knowmail may also send emails to You to verify your respective identity and/or to notify You if Knowmail believes Your use of the Services violates any applicable agreement between You and Knowmail related to the Services.
- Combining Anonymous Data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Knowmail may combine the various types of data that it collects with other data that Knowmail collects from You and Knowmail’s other customers and business partners in an anonymous and aggregate manner and in a form that does not personally identifies You. This anonymous, statistical or aggregated information will be used to improve Knowmail’s products and services and may also be provided to Knowmail’s business partners.
- Data Storage; Transference of Your Information
Knowmail is a global corporation with operations in several countries. We have developed global data practices designed to assure Personal Information is appropriately protected. Knowmail or Microsoft may store data collected in connection with the Services on servers located around the world in various locations including, without limitation, parts of the United States of America, Asia and the European Economic Area. While our primary data center is currently in the United States we may transfer Personal Information to offices outside of the United States. In addition, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. If we disclose Personal Information to a third party or to Knowmail employees outside of the United States, we will ensure that such party has agreed to assure adequate protection of such Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to Microsoft to the extent Your use of the Services is related to Your use of Microsoft “Cortana”.
You understand and agree that we may be required to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to avoid liability, to comply with legal process, including, but not limited to a subpoena, statute, search warrant, or court order, to complu with a law enforcement or intelligence investigation, or to protect our, or a third party’s, property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the terms and conditions of the Services or to protect our operations or users. In all cases of data access and collection, the personal information you provide will not be disclosed, rented, loaned, leased, sold, or otherwise voluntarily distributed to unaffiliated third parties (other than to Microsoft to the extent Your use of the Services is related to Your use of Microsoft’s “Cortana”), nor will We share Personal Information about You with third parties for their marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission. Please note that we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services or any portion thereof, to provide the Services or any portion thereof on its behalf, to perform tasks (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services) or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are used or to monitor user engagement or collect feedback concerning Us and our Services. We may transfer Personal Information to such third parties for such purposes pursuant to appropriate privacy commitments. You agree to be contacted by such third parties for such purposes.
From time to time, we may employ third party contractors to collect Personal Information on our behalf to provide e-mail delivery, product or promotional fulfillment or other services through the Services. When requesting these services, you may be asked to supply your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address to those contractors. We may ask some third party contractors, such as, data analytics or market research firms, to supplement personal information that you provide to us for our own marketing and demographic studies.
- Safeguarding Your Information
Security Measures. Knowmail is committed to ensuring the security of the Personal Information that it processes. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of Personal Information, we have adopted appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we process. Knowmail strives to protect the privacy of the Personal Information it processes. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure, Knowmail will use commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure. However, Knowmail cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to bypass those procedures or use Personal Information for improper purposes. It is Your responsibility to safeguard all passwords and user IDs that You use to access Your account and to notify Knowmail immediately if You know or suspect that the secrecy of any such passwords and/or user IDs have been compromised. You are solely responsible for any and all unauthorized use of Your account conducted via the passwords and user ID’s.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Services, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you would like us to change or delete your records in our system, please contact us at email@example.com and we will attempt to accommodate your request but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests and only to the extent we are not legally obligated to retain such records. Please note that it may be impossible to entirely delete entries without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained by Knowmail or its suppliers.
- Privacy of Minors
Knowmail is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and Knowmail does not target its website or its products to children under such age group.
Please let us know of any activity you have encountered, or reasonably suspect, by children under the age of 13.
- Contact Us
Last update: May, 2017
© 2017 Knowmail, All rights reserved.